Parth Gandhi, Managing Partner, AION Capital
- Parth Gandhi is Senior Partner and Managing Director at AION India Investment Advisors Private Limited. Prior to that Mr. Gandhi was President of Private Equity at ICICI Venture Funds Management Company Limited. At ICICI Venture Mr. Gandhi was responsible for establishing the strategic partnership with Apollo and in developing AION Investment strategy. View More
- Mr. Gandhi brings nearly two decades of investing experience in India. Over the course of his career, Mr. Gandhi has invested in multiple Indian as well as international companies. His investments have been in listed and unlisted companies in the form of equity, mezzanine and senior debt. Mr. Gandhi currently serves on the board of Aion Capital Partners, Aion Capital Management, Clix Capital and Clix Finance. Also in the past he has served on the boards of Varun Beverages, RJ Corp, Geometric Software Service Ltd and Mahindra Retail Pvt Ltd. In addition to his investment activities, Mr. Gandhi is a charter member of TiE Global (The Indus Entrepreneurs) and an active member of The Explorers Club and ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India). In previous jobs Mr. Gandhi was a Managing Director at Navigator Capital Advisors Limited and prior to that was a Consultant with Ernst and Young. Mr. Gandhi has an MBA from Michigan State University and a BE from University of Mumbai.
Mohit Saraf, Senior Partner, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Mohit heads the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity practices at the Firm. With over 20 years of experience across sectors & industries, he has advised major global and Indian companies. View More
- He has been recommended as one of Asia’s top 25 M&A lawyers; and was honored by ALB HOT 100 as one of the top performing lawyers. He has been awarded the ‘Shaurya Chakra’ (a national peacetime gallantry award by the Indian President, Mr. R. Venkatraman); and is also a recipient of various national & international awards and has been consistently ranked as a Band 1 M&A lawyer in Who’s Who Business Lawyers, Chambers Asia Leading Lawyers, Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Practical Law Company. Chambers & Partners describes him as “a dream lawyer for corporate transactions because he balances the legal and commercial aspects of a transaction”. IFLR1000 Financial & Corporate lists him as Leading Lawyer in Banking, Energy & Infrastructure, Project Development, M&A and Project Finance; while Asialaw lists Mohit, as a Leading Lawyer for Corporate M&A and Project Finance. The RSG 2015 Report recognizes him as ‘Recommended by Clients’ for Corporate / M&A. Additionally, he has over 50 publications in various national & international journals and magazines like Financial Worldwide, Finance Yearbook by PLC, Economic Times, Business Standard, Financial Express, Powerline, Tele.net, India Infrastructure, India Business Law Journal and SIAC Yearbook. He is also a visiting faculty at various law & management schools in India and is a regular speaker at various conferences.
Venkattu Srinivasan, Group Head of Asset Reconstruction & Structured Credit and Member of Executive Board, Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
Sharad Bhatia, Managing Director, Multiples Alternate Asset Management
- Sharad is a chemical engineer with a postgraduate degree in business management. He also attended the AMP at Insead, France. View More
- Sharad has over 39 years of experience in the financial services industry, including the last 18 years in the area of distressed debt. He worked in various capacities with ICICI group, Kotak Mahindra group and Axis Bank and is presently in charge of investments in stressed assets at Multiples Alternate Asset Management Private Ltd. Before joining Multiples, he served as President-Stressed Assets at Axis Bank and as CEO at Phoenix ARC Private Limited, the ARC promoted by Kotak group. He has served on the Boards of several leading corporates and is a regular speaker on issues relating to distressed debt and asset reconstruction.
Anurag Das, Head Stressed Assets Platform, Blackstone India & CEO-Designate, IARC
- Mr. Das specializes in distressed and special situations investments, with a particular focus on Indian insolvency law and resolution. He has led secondary and private investments in some of the most complex global insolvencies across jurisdictions in North America, Europe, South Africa, and the Asia-Pacific. View More
- His experience since 1994 spans a range of industries across the capital structure of companies undergoing rescue, restructuring, turnarounds, and liquidation. Earlier, Mr. Das was managing partner of Rain Tree Capital, an Asia-Pacific distressed investment specialist. Prior to Rain Tree, he was a managing director at King Street, a US$ 20+ billion AUM distressed and credit specialist, where he established and led the firm’s Asia-Pacific investment office in Singapore. Earlier, he worked on distressed, private credit, high yield and special situations, and mezzanine and Debtor-in-Possession investments with King Street and Perry Capital in New York, and Bain Capital Credit in Boston. He has also worked as a strategy consultant with Bain & Company in SE Asia and India, and in distressed private equity and restructuring with GE Capital in India and the US. Mr. Das has addressed distressed debt, insolvency, credit and turnaround industry events organized by Euromoney, INSOL, Citibank, CII, Assocham, etc. in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and India, and been a guest lecturer at Singapore Management University and the Vedica Scholars Programme for Women. He is an occasional expert columnist for Mint and CFO India, has submitted commentary and given expert testimony before the Indian Parliamentary Committees on the IBC and FRDI bills, guest lectured at a judicial colloquium, and serves on the Board of Governors of INSOL India. Mr. Das received an MBA from Harvard Business School, a BA Honors in PPE from Oxford University as a Rhodes Scholar, and a B.Sc. Honors in Physics from the University of Delhi.
Sumit Khanna, Partner & National Head Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Deloitte India
- Sumit Khanna joined Deloitte India as Head of Corporate Finance and Restructuring in February 2015. Sumit leads the Insolvency practice and is actively involved in overall execution of engagements.View More
- He was part of committee formed to develop regulation for Insolvency Process by Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Sumit has the experience of personally leading coverage of multiple sectors such as Metals & Mining - Natural Resources, Energy & Utilities and Consumer Market. Prior to joining Deloitte, he worked with PwC, Morgan Stanley India Company Private Limited and HSBC. Sumit has a Master’s degree in International Business from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Delhi.
Uday Bhansali, President, Financial Advisory, Deloitte India
- Uday leads Deloitte’s Financial Advisory practice. He has spearheaded the rapid turnaround and transformation of the practice, which now operates at a significantly higher scale, in terms of depth, breadth and expertise.View More
- The 700+ professionals within the Financial Advisory practice offer expertise in Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Forensic, M&A Transaction Services and Valuation & Modeling. Uday has also provided leadership and management oversight on some of Deloitte’s large insolvency engagements advised such as Bhushan Steel, Aircel Group of Companies, Lanco Infratech and Binani Cement. He has spoken in several forums on the topic of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and has often shared his experience and views on Insolvency matters in print and television media. He has over 30 years of global experience in the private and public sector and has served a large number of Global and Indian clients. His forte is supporting clients in conceptualizing and executing complex transactions, business transformation and management of change. He is a member of Deloitte India’s Executive Committee. Prior to joining Deloitte, Uday was Executive Vice President – Corporate Business Development, South Asia, at the General Electric Company and with Kotak Investment Bank. He was also a Founder Partner with Accenture Plc. Qualifications - He is a graduate from Bombay University (Sydenham College) with a Bachelor of Commerce degree. He is an FCA (Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) and also has an ICWA degree.
R K Bansal, MD & CEO, Edelweiss ARC
- R.K Bansal is the Managing Director and CEO of Edelweiss ARC. He brings with himself vast experience of over three decades of covering both development and commercial banking.View More
- His portfolio includes diversified experience in all functional areas of banking such as Corporate Banking, Project Appraisal, Corporate Debt Restructuring[CDR], Retail Banking, International Banking, Finance & Accounts [CFO], Resources, Recovery, Investments, Treasury, Operations, etc. Prior to joining Edelweiss ARC, Mr. Bansal was an Executive Director with IDBI Bank for eight years, wherein he was also deputed by IDBI as a CEO to Stockholding of India Ltd. (SHCIL), IDBI Mutual Fund (now renamed as Principal Mutual Fund) and IDBI Federal Life Insurance. Mr. Bansal has played a pivotal role in the Indian Banking industry in resolving stressed asset issues and, in his expansive career. He has held various roles including being the Chairman of CDR Empowered Group and Chairman of Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd. [Arcil] His other board membership included IDBI Federal Life Insurance Co. Ltd., ISIL, J.K. Lakshmi Cement Ltd., Uttam Value Steels Ltd., SIDBI, IDBI Asset Management Ltd., NSDL and NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Ltd.
Amit Agarwal, Head-Stressed Assets Strategy, Edelweiss ARC
- Amit Agarwal is Head - Stressed Assets Strategy at Edelweiss. He is an investment professional with over 17 years of experience in stressed asset investment and management, structured finance, corporate finance, investment banking and management consulting.View More
- Agarwal is one of the members of core team at Edelweiss and has played a key role in building the entire stressed asset investing business within Edelweiss over the last 11 years. Prior to joining Edelweiss, Mr. Agarwal was with ARCIL where he was with the strategic business group. His role at ARCIL included transaction structuring, fund raising, equity valuation and portfolio risk assessment. Prior to that he was with PwC on the management consulting side, where he played a key role in the process improvement and business turnaround of infrastructure companies and state utilities. He has also worked in TCS on the SBI core banking solutions project, which was his first professional assignment. Mr. Agarwal is a Chartered Accountant (May 2001, AIR 38) by profession and has also completed his bachelors in commerce from Lucknow University.